Mooresville Hotel Saved By Sprinklers During Grease Fire

Good News Notes:

“Mooresville fire officials are crediting a hotel sprinkler system at the Hilton Garden Inn for protecting occupants and $11 million in property after it successfully extinguished a grease fire Sunday.

The March 1 grease fire began around 5:30 a.m. in the kitchen of the hotel located at 159 Gateway Boulevard in Mooresville.

‘Although the hood suppression system activated, the fire spread to nearby cardboard boxes but was successfully extinguished by the building’s fire sprinkler system when three sprinkler heads activated,’ and put the fire out before firefighters arrived on the scene, Mooresville Fire-Rescue said Monday morning in a statement.”

View the whole story here: https://patch.com/north-carolina/mooresville/amp/28612691/sprinklers-put-out-grease-fire-mooresville-hotel-kitchen

Leave a Reply