“One Oregon family has their feline friend to thank for saving their lives.
Last week, Lake Oswego resident Sandi Martin was spending time in her living room with her cat Lilly when the animal was attracted to a smell and went to go sniff a valve near the room’s fireplace, according to a report from NBC-affiliate KGW.
Curious at what Lilly was smelling, Martin leaned down to sniff the same spot as the feline. Martin picked up the smell of natural gas near the area that grabbed her cat’s attention.
‘I went over and sniffed and there was a natural gas smell,’ Martin told the outlet. ‘It was very faint so I didn’t really trust my nose.’
‘Then I asked my husband to sniff it, and he sniffed it too,’ she added.”
View the whole story here: https://people.com/pets/cat-saves-owners-lives-after-detecting-gas-leak/?amp=true