Modesto Firefighters Rescue Man in Burning Dumpster Enclosure

Good News Notes: “The Modesto Fire Department early Friday morning saved a man who was locked inside a burning dumpster enclosure in south Modesto. A bread delivery driver called 911 around 1:15 a.m. when he spotted the fire at a strip mall on Crows Landing Road, south of Glenn Avenue, and heard a man yelling…

12-year-old honoed by Herrin FD for heroic act

Good News Notes: “A Herrin 12-year-old was honored Monday evening at the Herrin City Council meeting for a heroic act derived from skills he learned as a third grader. Herrin Fire Chief Shawn Priddy presented Jacobie Stubbs with a certificate recognizing his quick thinking and response to a fire in Stubbs’ home. On Oct. 20,…

Firefighters support cancer research foundation with charity fundraiser

Good News Notes: “Whether battling a fire, giving emergency medical assistance, or helping support a worthy cause, firefighters in North Alabama are there to help. Regina Bodine and Jason Veres are among North Alabama volunteer firefighters who put their lives on the line to help their neighbors when 911 calls get made. Their respective fire…

Mooresville Hotel Saved By Sprinklers During Grease Fire

Good News Notes: “Mooresville fire officials are crediting a hotel sprinkler system at the Hilton Garden Inn for protecting occupants and $11 million in property after it successfully extinguished a grease fire Sunday. The March 1 grease fire began around 5:30 a.m. in the kitchen of the hotel located at 159 Gateway Boulevard in Mooresville….

Chief: 3 pets saved, house destroyed after fire in Zanesville

Good News Notes: “The Zanesville Fire Department says two dogs and a cat had to be resuscitated after a house fire on Greenwood Avenue.” “Firefighters were called to the corner of Greenwood and Beulah Avenues around 8:30 Monday morning. Fire Chief Jeff Bell says the house was condemned and the family was preparing to move…

Firefighters reunited with 2-year-old rescued from Mayport house fire

 Good News Notes: “The grandparents of a 2-year-old girl who was trapped in a bedroom while a fire tore through a home in Mayport said Wednesday that their granddaughter is still in the hospital, but that her condition is improving. On Friday, a family of six′s home was destroyed in the fire. The child’s 17-year-old brother is…

Three dogs rescued from a house fire in Lebanon

Good News Notes: “Three dogs were rescued from a house fire in Lebanon on Tuesday. At 3:00 p.m. fire crews responded to a house fire on Dodge Street where they were told by a person who had escaped the fire that there were three dogs inside the home. Firefighters were able to enter the home,…